Secured Meet-Me conferences
The Meet-Me conferencing functionality is provided by Cisco Unified Communications Manager in such a way that it's enough to dial-in to the conference to join it. Unless you deployed the latest CUCM v11 you can’t secure your Meet-Me conferences.
The "Conference" module is developed to close this gap protecting the Meet-Me conferences:
- by PIN – you need to know the PIN to join the meeting;
- or by Caller ID – your phone number must be included into the predefined group for you to join the meeting.
In addition the "Conference" module provides the meeting scheduler functionality (web-calendar or MS Outlook plugin) and conference control tool.
Locking Cisco IP phone
The "Lock" module restricts access to IP phone functions while his owner is away. The phone may be locked either manually or automatically when user's PC is locked or turned off. When locked, the IP phone:
- denies the access to IP phone services (personal phone directory, information services, calls history and the list of missed calls, recorded calls archive and etc.);
- allows only emergency calls to be made;
- forwards all incoming calls to user's mobile.
To unlock the IP phone its owner must unlock the PC or enter the PIN using the IP phone keypad.
Extension Mobility automatic authentication
Mobile employees working in different locations use the Extension Mobility functionality for authentication on IP phones and loading their profile (phone number, settings, etc.). To authenticate the employee has to enter his User ID and PIN, which he should always remember.
A more convenient way is to use automatic authentication - when an employee logs in to PC his Extension Mobility profile is loaded automatically to the IP phone associated with this working place. When an employee leaves this location the current configuration of the device is replaced by the logout profile.
Special call control features
The "Forced Connection" feature enables top managers to get in touch with an employee even when the employee's phone is busy. When activated, the current call is put on hold and the employee gets connected to his manager.
"Monitor", "Whisper", and "Barge" features are useful, for example, in the commercial department:
- the team supervisor can silently listen to agents' calls with customers or others to ensure the high quality of service or sales is delivered;
- using the "Whisper" feature he is able to privately coach the agent without the customer hearing what he says;
- when monitoring the call a supervisor may join it to switch the call to a conference, where all three parties can hear each other.